When the Welsh Highland Railway was first being built, a 6 car set of coaches was built to serve the newly opened line built by Winston Engineering. These 6 coaches were formed of 1 Semi-Open Coach (2020), 3 all 3rd Coaches (2040-2042), an all 3rd Brake Coach (2090) and a 1st Class Pullman Coach (2115 ‘Bodysgallen’). These were quickly joined by two additional Semi-Open Coaches five years later built by Alan Keef (2021 and 2022). As the line grew and loadings grew as a result, a subclass of 3 All 3rd Coaches were built by the FR at Boston Lodge who took over building all the coaches for the railway in 2007 (2043-2045). Coaches 2046 and 2047 joined the operational fleet in 2014 and 2017 respectively as Enhanced All 3rd Saloons.
Once 2043-2045 had entered service, the railway built an Observation and Service Car combination which became 2100 ‘Glaslyn’ and 2010 in 2009 and 2008 respectively. Service Car 2011 followed in 2010 and was converted from Semi-Open Coach 2020. A similar conversion followed when Coach 2041 was converted into Brake Coach 2091 in 2017. The only unusual coach in the fleet 2060 was delivered in 2008 which was a converted 760mm Coach from Romania.
Our current planned range of kits is for a set of passenger coaches from the Welsh Highland Railways. The coaches covered are for 15 of the Modern Corridor Coaches in their current operating condition (as of September 2014). The 15 coaches that are going to be produced/are currently available are:-
- BMH-001 Welsh Highland Railway Semi-Open Coach 2020 as built – Available Now!
- BMH-002 Welsh Highland Railway Semi-Open Coach 2021/2022 – Available Now!
- BMH-003 Welsh Highland Railway All 3rd Coach 2040 – Available Now!
- BMH-004 Welsh Highland Railway All 3rd Coach 2042 – Available Now!
- BMH-005 Welsh Highland Railway All 3rd Coach 2043/2044/2045 – Available Now!
- BMH-006 Welsh Highland Railway All 3rd Coach 2046 – Available Now!
- BMH-007 Welsh Highland Railway All 3rd Brake Coach 2090 – Available Now!
- BMH-008 Welsh Highland Railway All 3rd Brake Coach 2091 – Available Now!
- BMH-009 Welsh Highland Railway Service Coach 2010 – Available Now!
- BMH-010 Welsh Highland Railway Pullman 1st Class Coach 2115 ‘Bodysgallen’ – Available Now!
- BMH-011 Welsh Highland Railway Pullman 1st Class Coach 2100 ‘Glaslyn’ – Release TBA
All kits come complete with Bogies and Couplings.
- Laser cut MDF/Plywood Construction
- Advanced Scratch Aid Kits (All major details plus Interior. Other detailing to the purchaser’s requirements required to complete)
- Available with Couplings and Bogies
- Available in 16mm
Minimum Radius:- 5ft but can do tighter by moving the Bogies outward
Suitable Gauges:- 32mm/45mm
Skill Level:- Novice