Bowaters Models is currently looking at starting some work in Gauge One. For those who aren’t aware, Gauge one is 1:32 scale and operates on 45mm gauge track. At first, we are looking at a small range based on the 1920s built wooden bodied Pullmans. We will be producing 2 Parlor Coaches, 2 Kitchen Coaches and 1 Parlor Brake Coach. The Coaches will follow the same design style as our existing 16mm Pullman ‘Bodysgallen’ and will be in our advanced scratch aid form. This means the coach as built will be able to run on your railway with ease although a little bit of extra work will transform them into works of art.
The kits will be of a wooden construction with 3D printed sections for the domed ends of the coaches to allow for the correct profile. The coaches will have basic underframe detail as well a representative interior correct for the coach being modelled. Bogies maybe included with the kits which will be Tenmille Pullman Bogies should we go down this route. Drawgear (couplings and buffers) will be left for the purchaser to source to their specification. The coaches will also include decals for the sides of the coaches.
We are planning to produce the following Coaches:-
- BMG-001 1st Class Pullman Parlor Coach
- BMG-002 1st Class Pullman Kitchen Coach
- BMG-003 3rd Class Pullman Parlor Coach
- BMG-004 3rd Class Pullman Kitchen Coach
- BMG-005 3rd Class Pullman Parlor Brake Coach
We have no prices available yet but we’re aiming for £200-£300 per coach at the time of writing (November 2018).
If you are interested, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for these kits.
- Laser cut MDF/Plywood Construction
- 3D printed ends for the roofs
- Advanced Scratch Aid Kits (All major details plus Interior. Other detailing to the purchasers requirements required to complete)
- Available with Couplings ~(TBC) and Bogies (Tenmille)
- Available in 1:32 scale
Minimum Radius:- 5ft to 6ft
Skill Level:- Novice
Coaches not representative of the final product. Used under Creative Commons License. Original Source:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/camperdown/7118670313/sizes/l and https://www.flickr.com/photos/camperdown/7118670447/sizes/l